While people do resolutions at the beginning of the year, I do mine at when I turn a year older. I got to say, I love turning 27 (apart from the fact that it is an odd number) but I just love what amazing things are for awaiting me. While some don’t fancy the idea of putting yourself out there because it gives people an opportunity to scrutinize every single detail of your life but people will do it either way so who cares. To me, I will never gain anything for being selfish with what I have or know but the key is to limit on how much is too much. And let me tell you something; When you have made peace with your past and love yourself, nothing anyone can say about your past or you, will have power over you. Of course, I love touching on taboo topics because honestly, it is so damn hard to find people sharing their experiences.
So what happened for the last one year? Many. For one, I was still struggling to learn how to mom. It wasn’t easy. I started/founded a facebook group for young mothers and befriended mothers whom never a million years imagine I would be friends with (because of the background they come from). Which made me learn that being a mother does not mean a person will change to be a better person. In fact, I was appalled. I also learnt that not everyone is for me. I had people stepped on my toes but little did they know, having studied Social Studies means you keep conversations as pieces of evidence. And should I have replied to their online claims, they will feel downright stupid and ashamed. But all these are no longer important to me, because these people are sad people whose life is filled with betrayal of family or husbands who don’t give a shit about them. Basically an empty nest or a nest that makes them feel so empty on the inside. So I say, let them have the pity party because they clearly need it. In the last one year, I had filed police report and a lawyer’s letter send out. But I am thankful that at the end of the day, my pillars of strength have stood by me and I still have them, even stronger than before. This has taught me how important it is to choose who to invest my time in because not everyone is deserving of Renny.
Klothes by Katt was hit by multiple bumps because for one, I procrastinated a lot. I actually don’t but I had a lot of doubts about me. It sometimes pissed the shit of me on how much I don’t invest in myself and believe in my collections. I was overworked with so many unnecessary things that I hardly had time with KbyK. My backup manufacturer screwed up my collection which almost set me back over 2k and I had to let her go. My main manufacturer left me high and dry because her company got a huge project which means I am back to square one finding for manufacturers, doing up samples and that also means money. But I love what I do. I love giving back to the community which means fair trade. I have not had any bad reviews except that my pieces are pricey but only people who have purchased or comes down for our popup stall only knows how much we invest in quality. And of course, having limited pieces also means it comes with a price. But my amazing family friends have been helping me a lot by offering their time and talent so I am setting amazing goals for KbyK’s future.
So without further ado, let me share with you 27 things I will like to achieve/do/stop doing,
- Open up more to Baobei- Before you get the wrong idea, Baobei knows everything. No secrets between us. Just that sometimes I find that it is not important to tell him first so he will find out 2nd/3rd. So I will like to make him my number one for everything, even if it is some girl stuff. He is my go-to.
- Be less short tempered- That means deep breaths before answering when I am feeling annoyed instead of snapping.
- Get pregnant with twins- Okay, I just want to close my factory so twins will be a nice closure/closing ceremony. But that being said, I will be thankful to be even get pregnant with a healthy baby again like Kattaleya. So the point is get Katt a sibling.
- Release at least 5 kollections for KbyK- More is great but 5 is good to stabilize.
- Get KbyK up and running online- This interlinks with Kampong Kouture.
- Read 5 novels- I miss this me-time so it is about time I need to do something and spend some time “offline”.
- Subscribe to Reader’s digest and read- Because there is always a need to improve language.
- Travel to one place I have not been to before- Will be achieving this May.
- Put my phone away in presence of humans especially Kattaleya- Sadly, I am spending so much time stretching myself online, I forget what’s in front of me. So less on that.
- 25k in the bank- No point making money every month if I don’t see it in my bank. I kind of need this satisfaction. 3k/ month is doable.
- Do something I love that pays- Passion is good but it doesn’t pay bills. I need to stop being stagnant and do what I do best.
- Invest more time in people who matter- Set dates or even time to talk to them because like how they have been there for me, I need to be there for them too. This means family too.
- Take up a new skill every 2 months- Baking, make-up, sewing, fashion designing, cooking.
- Spend less on shit I don’t need- Haha, I need to remind myself of number 10. So in order to achieve that, it means I need to spend on things that I actually don’t need.
- Go on date nights with Baobei once a week- I love cuddling in our bed watching reruns of FRIENDS but I need my nights out with my husband because he is my motor that keeps me running.
- Stop touching my face and leave it to the experts- I always say “Oh that’s a blackhead I can squeeze… and shit.” It leaves a mark. So my face is full of scars no thanks to me trying to save my face.
- Drink 3 litres of water every day- Well, detox.
- Schedule my appointment with my dermatologist and follow through her instructions- Yeah, I will see you next month Dr Audrey and I never schedule. Pffft.
- Eat my vitamins religiously- As a new mom who still breastfeeds, I feel that my body takes a beating every other day. So I need to pop my vitamins.
- Use the face crap I bought and use it religiously- It is obviously not crap but I am just pissed at myself for spending money on it but not using it day and night.
- Start my keep fit routine- Proper breakfast, carbo lunch and no carbs dinner. And if I am staying 5 minutes away from Bishan Park, I should make an effort to go there twice a week. Drag Baobei.
- Blog regularly- Once a week is great. More is better. Backlog entries to be done soon.
- Stop using my credit card- If I want to use it, I better have the money in the bank and not “advance” my money. (I have a funny story about it later)
- Explore as many free stuff as I can for Kattaleya’s learning journey- I realised school is not cheap and honestly, I still cannot decide the school setting for her. So I am going to explore play for her all over Singapore (which you can read about it #RKMlearningjourney). Hopefully by 3 years old, I would have found a perfect school for her.
- Get Katt started on BLW (baby led weaning)- More reading up and more food experiments over the weekend.
- Kick anything/anyone who associates wth drama out- The less I know ,the better. So please don’t update me on imbeciles.
- At least convince myself I will sky dive- The fear of free fall is real my friends but I will like to at least convince myself that I can and want to.
Okay so the funny story about my credit card is days before my birthday, I told Baobei that I want to stop using my credit card as part of my resolution. So on my birthday morning I was at work when I decided to do this:
I was feeling accomplished and on top of the world that I have made up my mind that I wanted to stop spending like free money until… I realised that I had booked March and May trips using the card!!!! This means I need it when checking in with the airlines and hotels HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! So after realising, I called the bank up to get my card with the same number mailed to me. And I had a hard time trying to explain to my bank representative about my birthday resolution so I told him that my husband accidentally cut the wrong card. Hehe. So then, after talking to my cousins and again to Baobei, we decided to have one card to pay for things but mainly to collect points and get free stuff. I mean, we both always make a point to pay on time just that when we spend using our CC, our hearts bleed when we need to pay. Personally if my money is physically sitting in my bank and not an advancement of what I would earn, I will think 10 times before making a purchase.
So turning a year older is not a bad thing you know DESPITE the crap I took from humans who I had no idea still exist in this world. But the year had it’s highs because when you receive things like these, you know you are on the right track:
And this coming March, I have been picked to speak about how I juggle my role wearing one too many hats on a charity bazaar event. It gives me the chill how much things are looking up for me, and of course this means I am endlessly blessed by Him and I am forever thankful for the given opportunities. My aim is always to be the better version of myself because that’s how I want Kattaleya to see me as and be proud to call me her Mama. When people speak about you/spread unkind and untrue things about you and your conscience is crystal clear, you know He is looking out for you. My rezeki has definitely increased because of these people, and of course, hardwork does not kill anyone.
Thank you for letting turn 27. I am happy and content, and I only intend bigger, better things for my family and I. Please keep my number 3 resolution in your du’a but if our rezeki stops at Kattaleya, I will forever be thankful for that chance. Only when you ask for happiness, you realise so many things will come into place. Just…
Percaya pada satu hari nanti- To believe in that one fine day.